The 7 ‘star’ principles are:
- Dedicated additional paid leave for employees experiencing family or domestic violence;
- Confidentiality of employee details must be assured and respected;
- Workplace safety planning strategies to ensure protection of employees should be developed and clearly understood by the parties concerned;
- The agreement should provide for referral of employees to appropriate domestic violence support services;
- Provision of appropriate training and paid time off work for agreed roles for nominated contact persons (including union delegates or health and safety representatives if necessary);
- Employees entitled to family and domestic violence leave should also be able to access flexible work arrangements where appropriate; and
- Employees must be protected against adverse action or discrimination on the basis of their disclosure of, experience of, or perceive experience of, family and domestic violence. More...