The European Students' Union (ESU) is the umbrella organisation of 45 National Unions of Students (NUS) from 38 countries. The NUSes are open to all students in their respective country regardless of political persuasion, religion, ethnic or cultural origin, sexual orientation or social standing. Their members are also student-run, autonomous, representative and operate according to democratic principles.
ESU was formerly known as ESIB – The National Unions of Students in Europe.
The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at the European level towards all relevant bodies and in particular the Bologna Follow Up Group. More...
The mission of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) is to drive the development of quality assurance by representing agencies internationally, supporting them nationally, and providing them with comprehensive services and networking opportunities. ENQA promotes the enhancement of quality and the development of a quality culture in higher education.
ENQA works to contribute to a European Higher Education Area in which students have access to high quality education and can achieve qualifications that are respected world-wide.
ENQA is open to the diversity of higher education systems and quality assurance approaches and adheres to the following values:
- Transparency: ENQA publishes its policies, procedures and criteria for decisions and reports.
- Independence: ENQA actively promotes the operational independence of quality assurance agencies and supports the autonomy of higher education institutions.
- Collaboration: ENQA works in a consultative manner with its members and affiliates, European partners and fellow associations.
- Integrity: ENQA operates with integrity and in a fair, equitable, impartial, objective and professional manner. More...
Education International represents organisations of teachers and other education employees across the globe.
It is the world’s largest federation of unions, representing thirty million education employees in about four hundred organisations in one hundred and seventy countries and territories, across the globe. Education International unites all teachers and education employees. More...
EHEA - Consultative members - Council of Europe - Public Responsibility for Academic Freedom and Institutional Autonomy
EHEA - Consultative members - Council of Europe - Publications of the Higher Education and Research Division
- Providing, with UNESCO, the only legally binding text of the Bologna Process: the Lisbon Recognition Convention;
- Development of recognition policy and practice through the ENIC and NARIC Networks, with UNESCO and the European Commission;
- Membership of several BFUG Working Groups;
- Work on the public responsibility for higher education and research; leading to a policy recommendation by the Committee of Ministers ;
- Work on higher education governance;
- A particular responsibility, within the Bologna Process, for working with countries that have joined the Process in 2003 or later;
- Publication of the Council of Europe Higher Education Series; in which most volumes are relevant to the Bologna Process. More...
The Council of Europe is an international organization focused on promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, economic development and integration of certain regulatory functions in Europe. Founded in 1949, it has 47 member states.
The work of the Council of Europe in higher education policy focuses on issues related to qualifications (qualifications frameworks, recognition), public responsibility for higher education and research, higher education governance and other fields relevant for the European Higher Education Area. The Council of Europe has contributed to the Bologna Process almost from its inception and is a consultative member of Bologna Follow-up Group (BFUG). More...
BUSINESSEUROPE is a consultative member of the Bologna Follow-Up Group.
BUSINESSEUROPE is the leading advocate for growth and competitiveness at European level, standing up for companies across the continent and campaigning on the issues that most influence their performance. A recognised social partner, we speak for all-sized enterprises in 34 European countries whose national business federations are our direct members. More...