In our consulting work Michael and I often help survey institutions to discover what technologies are being used within courses, and typically the only technologies that are used by a majority of faculty members or in a majority of courses are the following:
- AV presentation in the classroom;
- PowerPoint usage in the classroom (obviously connected with the projectors);
- Learning Management Systems (LMS);
- Digital content at lower level than a full textbook (through open Internet, library, publishers, other faculty, or OER); and
- File sharing applications. [snip]. Read more...