By Rajesh Pankaj, FICCI
By 2030, India’s Massive Open and Online courses ( MOOCs) started by several elite universities should collectively enroll 60% of world’s entire student population (FICCI-E&Y Vision Document on Higher Education 2030)
Mission & Goals
- The existing regulatory and policy framework to be extended to accommodate MOOCs as a part of mainstream higher education in India which in due course shall need to branch out into a robust policy framework for MOOCs alone.
- Achieving a standardized course curriculum for specific MOOCs courses across institutions which may be further customized depending on the needs, requirements and competency level of the learner.
- In the short run, to set up alliances between institutions and industry for at least 5 MOOCs.
- Industry in collaboration with institutions / universities to create a system where MOOCs becomes an acceptable toll gate for students aspiring for rewarding jobs in industry.
- Engage telecom operators and Mobile app development companies to develop robust and workable apps which shall significantly enhance access and penetration of MOCCs.
- Evolve a strong and sustainable business model for MOOCs