This year, the Week will have a particular focus on the upcoming European Elections of Spring 2014. At this occasion EUCIS-LLL will launch its Manifesto for the European elections and many events will take place in order to provide ideas on how to modernise education and training systems in Europe.
Civil Society Meeting Place
Come and meet us! EUCIS-LLL members will have stands from 2 to 6 December at the European Parliament (ASP building, 5th Floor, Zone G). Animations and other activities will be organised during the whole week.
The 10 finalists pictures of EUCIS-LLL contest on “The Future of Learning: Unlocking each and everyone’s unique potential” will be exhibited at the European Parliament (ASP builidnig, 5th Floor, Zone G).
EUCIS-LLL and its members are organising several events during the LLL Week in order to raise awareness on Lifelong Learning in Europe with a particular focus on the upcoming European elections in 2014.
A key moment during the Week will be the launch and discussion of EUCIS-LLL Manifesto for the European elections with representatives of the main political groups at the round table taking place on Tuesday 3rd (9:30-13:00).
OECD’s survey on Adult Learning, European Citizenship Education, Validation of Non-Formal learning, entrepreneurship education, measuring progress on LLL, learning mobility, … are some of the other key topics that will be discussed during the LLL Week.
For an overview of all events taking place during the week, have a look at the LLL Week 2013 calendar.
/// Tuesday 3 December
- 9:30-12:45 Round table on EUCIS-LLL Manifesto “Building together the future of Learning”
- 12:45-13:00 EFIL Flash Mob at the esplanade of the European Parliament
- 15:00-18:00 EAEA Policy debate on PIAAC
- 18:00-20:00 Cocktail reception LLL Week 2013, ASP building, 5th Floor, Zone G.
/// Wednesday 4 December
- 9:00-12:00 EUCIS-LLL and European Civic Forum Seminar “Making the case of European Civic Education” hosted by MEP Renate Weber (ALDE, RO)
- 12:00-14:00 SOLIDAR seminar on Validation of Non-formal Learning
- 15:00-17:00 EfVET round table on Entrepreneurship Education
- 15:00-18:00 EUROCLIO event on “Teaching History for Democratic Citizenship”
/// Thursday 5 December
- 10:00-12:00 EuroMobility workshop on Mobility & Recognition of Non-formal Learning
- 12:00-15:00 EUCIS-LLL Seminar on “Measuring progress in Lifelong Learning”
- AEGEE event on “Pan-European Database & Network for Youth Workers” (tbc)
/// Friday 6 December
- 13:00-19:00 EPA conference 2013: Challenges for Organised Parents in the future of Europe