Integrating eLearning and Open Education to Increase Access to Quality Education and Training in Africa
Proposed topics should consider the opportunities and/or challenges of the integration of eLearning and Open Education to increase access to quality education and training. Preferred topics can be drawn from, but is not limited to the following thematic areas:
- Open Education: issues including Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Infrastructure & Access: issues including access to open and eLearning content, learning centers, mobile learning, delivery technologies, Internet connectivity etc.
- Accreditation and Quality Assurance
- Management and Delivery of open, distance and eLearning courses and programs: issues including leadership, policy, strategy, administration, financing, recruitment & retention of students, academic programs delivery & management, technology, learner support and faculty development, gender issues etc.
- Content: Issues in curriculum design, development & delivery, including in the following areas Science, Technology Engineering & Math (STEM) Education, Teacher Education, Computer Science and Peace & Conflict Studies etc.
- Gender: Issues in Science, Technology Engineering & Math (STEM) Education
- Design: design of instruction for various teaching and learning scenarios including online and blended formal courses, self-directed, student-centered learning, problem based learning, collaborative learning etc.
- Assessment and Evaluation: online assessment, E-portfolios, face-to-face assessment, recognition of prior learning, learning analytics, etc.
- Emerging media and technologies: including in mobile learning, flipped classrooms, 3-D printing etc.
- Strengthening institutional capacity for sustainable eLearning
Send all your queries relating to the conference to email@example.com