ParisTech is to host the fourth Symposium for European Rectors/Presidents: Fundraising for Excellence.
This fourth Symposium for European Rectors/Presidents will contribute to:
* Reinforcing the understanding of the role of the rector and other senior managers in development
* Clarifying mutual expectations of the rector, development staff and campaign leaders
* Ensuring development activities are embedded in the strategic plan.
The event is being built for rectors to attend on their own, with members of their senior academic team and/or with their development director. Contact: Laure-Anne Garnier, European Projects Manager CASE Europe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising in a non-Anglo-Saxon context:
a) case study, speaker TBC
b) different institutional strategies, different fundraising models, Corinne Degoutte, Executive Director, Fondation ParisTech; Xavier Michel, President, École Polytechnique; Bernard Ramanantosa, President, HEC; interviewed by John Lippincott, President, CASE
* Breakout group A: The key partnership between Development Director and the Rector: selection, mutual roles and expectations in the context of organisation-wide changes, Philip Eijlander, Rector Magnificus, Tilburg University
* Breakout group B: Setting up a Development office: timeline and expected return on investment, Donald Tillman, CEO, ETH Zurich Foundation
Funding and philanthropy for autonomous universities: the role of university leadership, Thomas Estermann, Head of Unit Governance, Autonomy and Funding, European University Association
Aligning a donor's motivations and university priorities, Panel of donors including Daniel Bernard, Chairman Kingfisher plc and President, Fondation HEC and Sandra Craig, Trustee, The American University of Paris; moderated by Joanna Motion, Vice President for International Operations, CASE
Capital Campaigns: do you need one? And when do you know you're ready? Eric Thomas, Vice-Chancellor, University of Bristol; Chair of the Board of Trustees, CASE Europe and President and Chair elect, Universities UK
*Breakout Session A: Chairing a campaign and enhancing a culture of philanthropy amongst stakeholders, Regis Bello, President, Fondation Université de Strasbourg
*Breakout Session B: Fundraising from different constituencies: Alumni v Corporate - what works and how do you decide? Caroline Mattingly-Scott, Director of Fundraising, Goethe University, Frankfurt